Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Eagle Blue, Week 2, post B

Letter to the Author/ Main character

Dear Mr. D’Orso,


I have just begun reading your book, Eagle Blue. So far I am enjoying it very much. However, I have a few questions for you. I am a bit confused when I begin a new chapter because I am not sure if I am reading a new point of view, or the same as the previous chapter. I eventually figure it out, but it takes me a little while. Also, I am confused about who the kid is who has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. It mentioned something early in the book, but I haven’t figured out any way it is affecting him in his home life, or at basketball practice. Does this eventually affect his basketball skills? Or is it just a known fact, and nothing really will happen? On a different note, I really like the way you use vivid imagery throughout this book. During a few of the chapters, (4 and 5 in particular) I actually feel like I am right there with the players during their practice, and almost can feel their pain afterwards, when they are sitting on the bleachers. A vivid picture was also painted in my mind in the beginning of the book when you talked about the kid running away from school, and somebody needed to go after him. The details of this scene were so particular, I could envision the town, and even the woods near the town, in my mind.

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read my letter, and I am looking forward to your response, and answers to my questions.

Sincerely,
Jenna Long

No comments: