Friday, October 26, 2007

The Sea Inside, post 1

My general reaction/response to the film was that it made me feel bad for everybody in that situation. I felt bad for Ramon, because of his situation and how miserable it was. I also felt bad for everybody taking care of Ramon, because even though he probably is thankful, the family doesn't always see it because he is always talking about how he would rather be dead. I was kind of neutral about Ramon's request for assisted suicide because even though the condition he is in is hard for him to deal with, he should try to look at the positive side of things, and feel lucky that he is even alive. I think the court's response to him was probably a good idea because if they let somebody help him commit suicide, they might feel guilty, or could possibly get other people in trouble. His eventual actions of assisted suicide was a bittersweet moment. I felt sad that he was dead, but happy that he was finally taken away from his pain and misery. I think that the people who chose to help him commit suicide must have been really good friends to him. They must have loved him so much that they would be willing to help kill him, in order for him to finally be happy.

No comments: